This colored pencil drawing lesson is great for middle or high school art classes and can be taught in class or via distance learning. It is organized so students can easily access everything they need to complete the drawing project all in one place. This bundle includes:
- Presentation in Google Slides and PowerPoint versions with step by step instructions on how to layer colors, create a value scale, with plenty of examples of student work.
- Video demonstrations
- COLOR PDF color theory worksheets.
- COLOR PDF reference images of gemstones.
- COLOR PDF samples of student work in colored pencil.
- COLOR PDF value scale worksheet.
- PowerPoint presentation explaining zen doodle with examples of student work
- Video demonstration on how to create zen doodle patterns. (embedded in PowerPoint for easy projection)
- Video demonstration showing how to add the zen doodle to the Gems with option of adding white colored pencil on toned paper. (embedded in PowerPoint for easy projection)
- Two PDF sheets of sample zen doodle Patterns
- One PDF practice worksheet for creating your own patterns.
This package has EVERYTHING you need to introduce and teach how to layer colored pencils to create a gem and how to add zen doodle patterns. You will need a color printer to print reference photos for students.
This lesson is also included in the following bundles. Bundles are a great way to get a lot of resources at a discounted price.
Uploading my resources to Google Classroom is a great way for students to access them from their own devices all the time. If you are interested in learning how to upload this lesson to Google Classroom so your students can access all handouts, presentations, videos, worksheets, photo references, and examples from any device at any time, check out my resource on how to use Google Classroom in the Art room. All of my lessons are formatted so they can be easily uploaded and shared with your classes digitally. This is great when you teach multiple levels or if you want to save time repeating instructions when students are absent, in ISS, or home instruction. Just like anytime you try something new getting started can be scary but once you learn it it becomes second nature. Using Google Classroom for Art has been life changing for me. In this product, I walk you through step by step how to get started and give you tips and ideas to make your lessons go smoother.