This high school drawing and shading art lesson is great for intermediate-level high school art students. It is formatted to share easily for distance learning, homeschool art, or in the classroom. It is perfect for art classes with mixed levels or students transitioning between home and school. Students can easily access the video tutorial, reference images, and practice worksheets from any digital device. It contains everything you need to get started right away and includes:
- 6 reference images to draw from with links to a video demonstration and rubrics
- Video demonstrating how to complete the project in graphite or on gray paper with white and black charcoal or colored pencil as a modification.
- Practice handout/worksheet
- QR codes students can scan to see video demo from any device
This lesson usually follows an introduction to value and shading exercise. I usually begin with these activities first.
- •Line Drawing Exercises and Project
- •Negative Space Exercises and Project
- Value and Shading Practice Worksheets
All of my lessons can be shared with your students through Google Classroom or any digital platform. They are designed to save you time and for students to be able to access materials easily when you are not available or busy with other students. You can find more of my art lessons in my TPT shop.
More of my student’s work and project samples can be found on my Instagram.
Don’t forget you can earn credits for $ off future purchases for leaving feedback. Simply go to my purchases and click on the provide feedback link.