This middle or high school art project focuses on drawing and shading animals. It is great for a distance learning art lesson and also works great in the classroom.
- A Google Slideshow explaining how to take a good reference photo of a pet or animal
- A drawing tutorial video demonstrations showing how to grid and draw the image
- Two practice fur drawing worksheets with links to video drawing tutorials
- Two drawing tutorials demonstrating how to draw fur
- An instructional handout
- A video demonstrating how to grid the reference photo using Google Slides
- Extra reference photos in case students can not take their own pet photo
- Project-specific art rubric for easy grading
This drawing pets art project is formatted so it is super easy to share with students digitally through Google Classroom or any other platform your school uses. It is fully editable so you can modify it to fit your needs. The slideshow and videos cover how to shade fur by layering pencil or graphite and creating rich values and tones. Students learn how to follow the direction of the fur and create beautiful textures in pencil. This project is meant to follow my introduction to value worksheets or any lesson that covers shading and value.
All of my middle or high school art projects and lessons can be shared with your students through Google Classroom or any digital platform. You can find more high school art lessons and high school art curriculum bundles in my TPT Shop
See more student artwork and student art project ideas on my Instagram.
Find more art teacher tips, middle and high school art project inspiration, and free art resources on my BLOG.
Don’t forget you can earn credits for $ off future purchases for leaving feedback. Simply go to my purchases and click on the provide feedback link below the product. https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/My-Purchases